I have been cleaning my house with vinegar and baking soda for years. Part of my household cleaning arsenal is a vinegar-infused cleaner. You get the excellent cleaning and deodorizing power of vinegar as well as the fragrant and antibacterial/anti-viral cleaning powers of lavender. Together they create a fantastic household cleaner that can be sprayed directly on counter tops, toilets, light switches, walls, floors, sinks and any other flat surface you want clean and shiny. [Read more...]
Lavender-infused vinegar spray is non-toxic, effective and economical. The vinegar scent disappears as the surface dries, leaving behind only a mild lavender scent.
- Crush about 2 cups of fresh lavender buds and leaves in your hand. Put them in a 1 L (quart) jar and pour distilled white vinegar on top. Make sure the lavender is covered. Cap tightly. (You can use dried lavender too. Use only about 1 cup.)
- Set aside in a cool, dark location for 2 weeks.
- Strain lavender-vinegar through a colander to remove bits of lavender.
- Store vinegar in a mason jar, capped tightly.
- To use: Fill a spray bottle half full with infused vinegar. Then fill to the top with water.
- Use as you would any spray cleaner: Spray on and wipe clean.
Purchase dried lavender buds here.
My Healthy Green Family is a participant in the Mountain Rose Herbs Associates Program and if you make a purchase as a result of clicking on various links on this site, My Healthy Green Family may receive a small portion of that sale at no cost to you. This helps us pay our ever-growing feed bills and our farm animals thank you for your purchase.