Fast food is the number one ranked commercial aimed at kids. Now can we understand why obesity and diabetes are running rampant amongst our children? Why teens choose fries in the cafeteria instead of vegetables?
The statistics mean that it is time for a change. The majority of parents agree that there is a problem with TV content and hours watched. I don’t see a whole lot being done about it. What are YOU going to do to protect your kids’ childhood innocence?
- Limit the time watching TV per day. Set a timer.
- When you are done with the TV turn it off
- Don’t allow children under 2 to watch TV at all.
- Watch only movies instead of TV. (Eliminates advertising and allows for parental previews).
- Lead by example
- Join Parents Television Council
And this article doesn’t even touch computers and games…
Interesting links for further reading: